jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tabs in source files are not allowed
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 20:58:25 GMT
On 4 February 2016 at 20:42, Philippe Mouawad
<philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> @sebb, I am responsible if this commit, I was going to fix it  this evening
> but you did it before, thanks.
>
> I think:
>
>    -  we should highlight somewhere

Feel free, but I'm not sure where to record this.

>    - or/and add "checkstyle"  to "package" ant task  so that builld fails

I wondered about this, but it increases the build time considerably.
Perhaps it could be moved to the start of the test phase?
However that itself takes a long time and there is also no guarantee
that committers run the test before committing.

>    - or/and follow Vladimir's proposal.

That's fine, but it's quite a bit of work to do, and it won't help
with SVN commits or non-Git patches.

> Anyway, my strategy is the following:
>
>    - I prefer a contribution that improves the product even if it contains
>    tab spaces. Now that you created the check it is easy to find so it is a
>    little problem.

If a patch contains a few tabs I'll fix them myself and ask the
provider to remove them from any future patches.
Just as we would with missing AL headers etc.