jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About including Groovy
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 00:04:19 GMT

On 24/02/2016 12:04, sebb wrote:
> Let's be clear what this discussion is about.
>
> JMeter already supports Groovy.
> It's not a question of whether Groovy is a good scripting language.
>
> The question is whether or not to bundle Groovy with JMeter.

My points of view for the answers to this question are:
1/ Groovy is a easy/fun/fashion language today, and the next generation
(of developer) would use this (easy|cool) language (vs/with Java) to add
some new behaviors in JMeter tests.
2/ Why Beanshell is including in JMeter and not Groovy? The size of jar
file isn't the best argument in 2016. The version management in JMeter
is easy to do. (probably more easy if JMeter will switching to a maven
or gradle archetype).

So, even if add Groovy jar file in package will bring some negatives
points on JMeter, the benefits are more important, so, I'm very excited
to add Groovy in the JMeter package.

Milamber