jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject About latency computation
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 21:20:08 GMT
Hello,
I think we should fix our computing of latency property.

AFAIU when I look at HTTPHC4Impl:

   - sampleStart : there is some processing that occurs after it is called:
      - There is some work related to caching
      - HTTPCLIENT PreProcessors are processed
   - latencyEnd is called too late I think:
      - It is called after Response Header have been processed
      - It is called after N bytes have been read, not the 1st byte

I would propose the following changes:

   - sampleStart : Create a RequestInterceptor that computes sampleStart
   - latencyEnd : Call it in
   MeasuringConnectionManager#receiveResponseHeader although it is still not
   the best place

I think we need to ask HttpCore/Client project to either compute those and
put it in HttpConnectionMetrics or add some hooks so that we can do it.

Thoughts ?
Thanks
Regards
Philippe M.