jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Important Regression in nightly build compared to 2.13 or r1715087
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 23:31:00 GMT
Hello,
I made a real load test today using nightly build and faced an important
issue.

Here are the details:
- Test uses 1000 Threads on 1 Instance
- It uses "Download Embedded Resources"
- Socket Timeout is set to 10s

There is no overloading of the machine, no impacting GC

Very rapidly, I start getting a lot of errors:

   - Non HTTP response code: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException
   message:Non HTTP response message: Connect to www.foo.com:80 timed out

Rate of error varies between 15% and 30%.
Note that if I navigate on the application, I don't face the errors.

I ran the same test using exactly the same configuration:

   - Same machine
   - Same JVM version and tuning
   - Same user.properties
   - Same hc.parameters

But  jmeter  r1715087
And error rate is 0.30%.

Note the target server has a load balancer that returns a keep-alive
duration set to 2 (2 seconds).

This issue is a blocker one for the release of next version.
I compared code with revision 1715087 and I don't see many changes in
HTTPHC4Impl that would explain this regression.
I commented out some suspects , retried but I get same results.

I also upgraded to HttpClient 4.5.2 and uncommented the code expected to be
added, same results.

So for now I tend to suspect an issue in HttpClient/Core.
--
Regards
Philippe M.