jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create Macro Feature was Post-Sampler Timers
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 21:35:52 GMT
On Wednesday, January 20, 2016, Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm afraid I was not.
>
> "dummy loop at the very start of the test" was good enough to skip items.
>
> I did play a bit with JetBrains MPS and I created a prototype of a DSL
> for JMeter though: http://recordit.co/0ngw6RSkm9
> What do you think of that?

Very interesting.
Is Jetbrains MPS a viable approach in terms of popularity of the product
and maintainabilty ?

 I have in mind to create a JMeter Dsl more inspired from ruby-jmeter which
I find nice to read.
But I don't have time to work on it.
Is MPs easier than groovy way ?

I had looked at groovy ways to make a dsl but it was just an idea.
I suppose your work is on github ?

> I mean even if JMeter core does not support "skip CSV records", a DSL
> can "easily" workaround that (e.g. by appending dummy loop at the
> start).

ok.

But it would be great to have you in the team implementing things that live
in core .
I always read that you created nice features and would be very happy if you
contributed them to core :)

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.