jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Drop Commons-HttpClient 3.1
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2015 17:39:42 GMT
Hello,
I think it is time now that we definitely drop HC3.1 support in JMeter.
It hardens maintainability and hides some issues in test cases like Bug
58773 and previously TestCookieManager tests.

I think also that giving too much choice to users hardens the learning path.

I suggest we start by deprecating in 2.14 the following components:

   - SoapSampler, we should I think deprecate it already in 2.14 as the
   Soap Template covers its features in a more efficient way
   - HttpHC3Impl in documentation
   - HC3CookieHandler in documentation

And in next version drop:

   - HTTPHC3Impl