jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject InvokeLater vs. InvokeAndWait
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2015 11:14:25 GMT
Hi all,

with bug 52694 and commit 1245602 the new method JMeterUtils#runSafe was
introduced, which uses SwingUtilities#invokeAndWait.

I stumbled upon this while testing with gui and a report listener over
remote X, where the invokeAndWait lead to heavy lock contention.

A simple test with 1000 threads and 500 loops using a simple java
sampler (0ms wait) and a Summary Report gives me

invokeLater: ~100.000 req/s
invokeAndWait: ~30.000 req/s

In my naive implementation I ignored the potential exceptions, that
invokeAndWait could throw, which we would have to catch using
invokeLater in other ways, but since invokeLater is used already in
other places, that should be no real problem.

Any reason to use this instead of SwingUtilities#invokeLater?

Regards,
  Felix