jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Usage of final methods in newly added report package
Date Sun, 20 Dec 2015 10:52:27 GMT
> Hi Felix,
> Do you have an example where it does not seem justified ?
I wondered why they were (and sometimes were not) used.

I stumbled upon the usage (or non usage) of final when looking at a
findbugs report on CsvSampleWriter. That class uses a overridable method
setWriter from its constructor, which findbugs finds "scary".

In other classes I found a few methods declared final and other not,
without a documentation, why those final classes are closed for further
inheritance and the others not.

I haven't looked, whether they were justified or not, I was just curious.

Regards,
  Felix