jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From UBIK LOAD PACK <ubik-load-pack-sa...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject Re: Donation of a New Dashboard for JMeter : Questions and more
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 20:27:49 GMT
Hello,
Thanks for feedback.
Find our answers below inline.

Note the V1 milestone is close to release, here are the issues/enhancements
in progress:

   -
   https://github.com/ubikloadpack/jmeter/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3AV1

Regards
@ubikloadpack

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 9:10 PM, Felix Schumacher <

> Am 27.10.2015 um 23:55 schrieb UBIK LOAD PACK:
>
>> Hello,
>> We plan to donate a new feature that allows to generate an HTML report
>> containing:
>> - Javascript Graphs (Response time, Error code, Percentiles
>> - Tables of results
>> - ...
>>
>> You can see a demo of what is generated at:
>> - http://ubikloadpack.com/donations/dashboard/
>>
>> Code is here:
>> -
>>
>> https://github.com/ubikloadpack/jmeter/tree/UBIKLOADPACK_REPORT_DASHBOARD_DONATION
>>

>> Concerned folders:
>> - bin/report-template
>> - xdocs/usermanual/generating-dashboard.xml
>> - src/core/org/apache/jmeter/report
>> - src/core/org/apache/jmeter/JMeter.java
>>

>> We are in the process of finalizing documentation for it.
>>
>> We have the following questions:
>> 0/ Would this donation be of interest for Apache JMeter ?
>>
> This is the same report feature, that was discussed earlier, right?

No it's a new one.

> I think it would be nice to have a simple (extendable) report page, that
> can be generated after a jmeter run. But I remember there were some
> objections, whether this feature would slow down normal operations.

It doesn't as report is generated can be generated in 2 ways:
- At end of load test
- By a new command line option

Command line options:
-
http://ubikloadpack.com/donations/dashboard/docs/usermanual/get-started.html#options
User manual dedicated page:
-
http://ubikloadpack.com/donations/dashboard/docs/usermanual/generating-dashboard.html

>> 1/ We created a new usermanual page, we think its best place in index is
>> between Remote Testing and Real-time Result, it will be called Dashboard
>> Report. Doing so mean incrementing section number  of following pages, is
>> this ok ?
>>
>> http://ubikloadpack.com/donations/dashboard/docs/usermanual/generating-dashboard.html
>>
> No problem with me.

Done this way.

>> 2/ We have created a Developer Oriented documentation that explains the
>> architecture of the components. We think in the future and if the donation
>> is accepted, this documentation could be also useful to jmeter users who
>> want to customize graphs, dashboard, add new graphs .... So we think its
>> format should be XML and it should be included in documentation , but
>> where
>> ?
>>
> A new subject Documentation->Developer Manual? That could probably be the
> home of Documentation->Building JMeter and Add-Ons or the new (not yet
> committed) Docwriters page.

OK
For now documentation is here:
http://ubikloadpack.com/donations/dashboard/docs/devguide-dashboard.html

>> 3/ From our understanding , IP Clearance would have to be done in case
>> this
>> donation is accepted by the project, in this case we would required some
>> help on the process as we're newbies in it, we suppose this would have to
>> be filled in:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html
>>
> Haven't done this either.
>
> Regards,