jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Documentation and more
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:02:53 GMT
Am 14.10.2015 um 23:54 schrieb Rainer Jung:
> Am 04.10.2015 um 16:48 schrieb Felix Schumacher:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have spend a lot of time lately going through the docs for jmeter and
>> especially looking at the markup side of the documentation.
>>
>> I have noticed a few things, that could be (hopefully) improved.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> Code examples
>> ---------------------
>> The code examples are all treated as plain text. There is no further
>> markup to differentiate a shell script from an xml fragment or a java
>> source code example.
>>
>> Maybe we could use a javascript library like
>> https://github.com/google/code-prettify? We would have to add an
>
> The httpd project uses prettify since about 2 years and it does really
> improve readability of source code snippets and config examples in
> docs. The sources httpd uses are in
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/docs/manual/style/scripts/
Are the scripts the original ones, or where they changed to fit httpd
better?

One thing I found is, that prettify does not support ini-style files out
of the box. I have created a pull requests and am waiting, if they will
include it. That would be very helpful for our examples of properties files.

>> language attribute to each of our source code examples and extend the
>> style sheets.
>
> In the httpd world a config snippet is for example contained in
> <highlight language="config">...</highlight>
I thought about adding a language attribute to the source tag, which
would be used to generate the right attributes for prettify.

Since sometimes it would be useful to have the ability to disable
highlighting, I thought about a special value "none" for disabling
highlighting.

Regards,
  Felix