jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From UBIK LOAD PACK Support <supp...@ubikloadpack.com>
Subject Re: UBIKLOADPACK JSON PLUGIN DONATION TO APACHE JMETER
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:27:41 GMT
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:21 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 October 2015 at 23:07, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your proposal.
> >
> > Seems a good thing to add this plugin on JMeter but we need to known the
> new
> > functionality(ies) of this plugin? that is an new listener or sampler?
> >
> > Can you confirm that this plugin don't have some dependencies against the
> > Apache License v2 (like GPL) for the distribution?
> >
> > I thinks that Ubik Load Pack have already sign the CCLA and can
> contribute
> > to Apache projects?
> >
> > I thinks that after your PR (or other way of submission), a vote (in
> Apache
> > way) must be done to accept or not this plugin.
> > (example:
> >
> http://mail-archives.us.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-dev/201504.mbox/%3CCAEJ3w4W=_4UE+vidf3UYTT_zYwci4H-dfk9S+mYP6KwgeWXjLQ@mail.gmail.com%3E
> > )
> >
> > @Sebb can you confirm the good way to the donation, thanks.
> >

> There are several aspects to incorporating a sizeable chunk of code:
> - is it in scope for the project?

We think it is absolutely in it. At the time we created it because core
JMeter was lacking it and we faced a lot of applications that used JSON
where Regexp didn't do the job.
You can see on our page (ubikloadpack.com/our-customers.php) that customers
found it very useful.

- is there sufficient community within the project to maintain the
> code going forward?

We would help as we already did, and anyway it's not a big piece of code (5
classes)

> - does it have documentation and tests?

It would have documentation and tests as JMX as you  do in the project.

- is it well-written enough to be maintainable?

We think it is :-) , but it's up to the Apache JMeter Team to decide

> - does it affect backwards compatibility?

No

> - does it need IP clearance?

What is IP clearance ? is it intellectual property, in this case , as with
our other contributions we have signed a CCLA and would give all IP.

--

Regards
Ubik Load Pack <http://ubikloadpack.com> Team

Cordialement