jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Documentation and more
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 21:54:46 GMT
Am 04.10.2015 um 16:48 schrieb Felix Schumacher:
> Hi all,
>
> I have spend a lot of time lately going through the docs for jmeter and
> especially looking at the markup side of the documentation.
>
> I have noticed a few things, that could be (hopefully) improved.

Thanks!

> Code examples
> ---------------------
> The code examples are all treated as plain text. There is no further
> markup to differentiate a shell script from an xml fragment or a java
> source code example.
>
> Maybe we could use a javascript library like
> https://github.com/google/code-prettify? We would have to add an

The httpd project uses prettify since about 2 years and it does really
improve readability of source code snippets and config examples in docs.
The sources httpd uses are in

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/docs/manual/style/scripts/

> language attribute to each of our source code examples and extend the
> style sheets.

In the httpd world a config snippet is for example contained in
<highlight language="config">...</highlight>

Regards,

Rainer