jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nashorm Javascript engine
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:58:54 GMT
> Apart from compatibility issues [1]

I do know there are compatibility issues, however is is rather smooth
if you are creating a new script.
I do know what "backward compatibility" is.

> I got the speed info from the diagram in the link from the Bugzilla:
> http://ariya.ofilabs.com/2014/03/nashorn-the-new-rhino-on-the-block.html

This benchmark makes very little sense. Proper benchmarking should
involve jmh [1]

>Nashorn is NOT always faster than Rhino

Well, what if it is faster in 99.9% cases?
I mean that we never find a library that will be always faster than
Rhino. There always be at lease a case or two where Rhino wins.
Does that mean we have to live with Rhino forever?

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/code-tools/jmh/

Vladimir