jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Paulo Augusto Maia Borges <pauloaugustomaiabor...@intechnica.co.uk>
Subject "Proper" set of JMeter results anywhere?
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 08:21:47 GMT
Hi all,

My name is Paulo Augusto, I am a Performance Engineer working for the company Intechnica.
I am developing a Software to collect result logs from Performance Test Runs from performance
tools (eggPlant Performance, Neoload, JMeter, etc) into a central data source, from which
we can then create a presentation of the data (charts and stuff).

Is there any publicly available "proper" set of result logs of JMeter, representative of what
the results of a full-blown JMeter test can look like?
(apologies if this is not the correct mailing list to ask this - if so, please direct me to
the correct one)

I created and executed a simple JMeter test(*) by myself and triggered 300 page requests over
some 5 minutes against my company's website. However, I have 2 concerns:

-          This results set is pretty small and possibly not very comprehensive (ex: I don't
know if it ever happens to exist incomplete csv lines, missing columns, unordered timestamps,
etc);

-          My knowledge of JMeter is scarce, so I've operated on a few weak assumptions and
I'm concerned with the possibility that I might be doing something wrong.

* I logged the results from a listener with default settings in .CSV, which, to my knowledge,
produces a "standard" log of JMeter results. I got a csv-table-structure like:
timeStamp,elapsed,label,responseCode,responseMessage,threadName,dataType,success,bytes,grpThreads,allThreads,Latency
1438247317701,291,GetHomePage,200,OK,ThreadGroup1 1-2,text,true,25251,20,20,268
1438247318991,197,GetHomePage,200,OK,ThreadGroup1 1-1,text,true,25251,20,20,156
Which I assume to be the standard minimum that will be present in all result logs (though
I'll also take into consideration possible extra columns like "failureMessage").

Regards,

Paulo Augusto Maia Borges
Performance Engineer

intechnica
Digital Performance

Main Office:

0845 680 9679

My Mobile:

07730 841 091

My Email:
My Skype:

PauloAugustoMaiaBorges@Intechnica.co.uk<mailto:PauloAugustoMaiaBorges@Intechnica.co.uk>
paulo.borges.intechnicauk

Address:

Intechnica Ltd, Fourways House, 57 Hilton Street, Manchester, M1 2EJ

Web:

www.intechnica.co.uk<http://www.intechnica.co.uk/>

Registered in the UK, Company No. 07291461