jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Pokhilko <a...@ya.ru>
Subject Hostory of JMeter
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2015 13:37:22 GMT
Hi,

Several times I had a question from different people about the history
of JMeter. The project seems to be very old (started 1998), but almost
nothing is known about its major milestones. The intro page states:

    Stefano Mazzocchi of the Apache Software Foundation was the original
    developer of JMeter. He wrote it primarily to test the performance
    of Apache JServ (a project that has since been replaced by the
    Apache Tomcat project). We redesigned JMeter to enhance the GUI and
    to add functional-testing capabilities.

    JMeter became a Top Level Apache project in November 2011, which
    means it has a Project Management Commitee and a dedicated website.

People are interested to know the top-level history of who led the
project at its different periods of life, which major changes were
introduced through its evolution and when. Things like changing project
VCS, bug tracker etc are also interesting to everyone who is interested
in OpenSource itself.

If somebody has the knowledge of project history, please express it as a
wiki page with as much details as possible. It is not demanded by wide
masses, but some advanced JMeter users are always curious with the
stories of success (yes, we're the most popular open source performance
testing tool in the world).

--
Andrey Pokhilko