jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: if cannot set proxy, how to record jmeter script?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 10:49:27 GMT
Am 05.06.2015 um 10:44 schrieb harry_no_spot:
> hi, sorry for late.
> can you sugguest some good HTTP recorder tool?
> I tried Wireshark, can capture. BUT it's not focus on HTTP. VERY hard to pick interesting
packets and get desired format.
> also tried Fiddler. gived up. Becuase it autually depend on system proxy setting to work,
So it does not work for me.

If your under control of the server, you might be able to capture the
data on the server side with less work. That will however depend on the
server and the software used.

If you are able to control the environment of your client, you might use
a "transparent proxy" which will act as a http server and forwards it to
the real server or even a http proxy. A quick google search gave me a
link to a tool called mitmproxy which - at first glance - should be able
to do this.

Regards
  Felix

> 此邮件来自易信
> 网易邮箱推出官方手机客户端--邮箱大师 马上体验
>

> 在2015年5月27日 22:43:42, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> 写道:
>
>> On 27 May 2015 at 14:44, harry_no_spot <13651877684@163.com> wrote:
>>> hi,
>>> there is a client program, which has no place to set proxy address. the client
is using http protocol to commnuicate with the server, only a client configuration file to
set the server's ip and port.
>>> I want to use jmeter to simulate the client, how to record jmeter script?
>>> can I modify the jmeter source code of 'HTTP(S) Script Recorder' element to forward
all http request to a specified server's ip and port?