jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: if cannot set proxy, how to record jmeter script?
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 14:43:42 GMT
On 27 May 2015 at 14:44, harry_no_spot <13651877684@163.com> wrote:
> hi,
> there is a client program, which has no place to set proxy address. the client is using
http protocol to commnuicate with the server, only a client configuration file to set the
server's ip and port.
> I want to use jmeter to simulate the client, how to record jmeter script?
> can I modify the jmeter source code of 'HTTP(S) Script Recorder' element to forward all
http request to a specified server's ip and port?

Not easily.

You will find it much easier to use a 3rd party HTTP(S) recorder to
capture the traffic, and then convert that into a JMeter test plan.