jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improvement regarding test results guarantee
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 00:29:16 GMT
On 14 May 2015 at 00:10, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
>> yes but isn't it then a result of the load test to know that your db
> tablespaces sizing or cleanup/archiving was not correct ?
>
> True. The problem is humans are prone to errors, so you'll run into
> that "not correct" issues eventually.
>
> Well, precondition check is a common need.
> I am not sure if it should/could be addressed by JMeter itself.

I agree, this is out of scope for JMeter.

I doubt it can easily be made foolproof, and if it does seem to work
people will rely on it and then blame us when some unexpected event
uses up the disk space.
I don't think it's worth expending any effort on it.

Besides, if the system is so short of disk space that it can run out
during a test, it's probably already badly fragmented and will perform
badly.