jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From chaitanya bhatt <bhatt.chaita...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improvement regarding test results guarantee
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 22:06:03 GMT
Stopping the test at the beginning of the test is only feasible when the
disk space is very close to the threshold right when you start the test.
However, most often the disk space constraint incident happens during long
running tests(test that run over 1 hour). During a long running test,
typically a system would have enough space at the beginning, but over the
course of the test the available disk space shrinks. IMO, in order to make
this a comprehensive solution, listeners which write should dynamically
keep checking available disk space during runtime and stop writing results
when the available space is close to the threshold.

At the start of the test, the default space threshold can probably be
useful to warn the users before starting the test if the available space is
close to the threshold.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Chaitanya M Bhatt