jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create Macro Feature was Post-Sampler Timers
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 00:09:53 GMT
>As far as I am aware, there has been little or no demand for this on
the user lists.

How do you handle usability issues?
Do you suggest all usability issues are out of scope of JMeter?

I think users are just not aware of the possibility of better life,
thus you do not see requests

"skip rows in CSV file" is a pure usability issue. It has manual yet
painful WA. It has even automatic WA (e.g. some loops in jmx plan).
However, it is just an additional pain for newcomers.

>if selected, then check if the marker file
>is present, and if so skip that many rows.

I do not follow you. Initially you said existing CSV Data Set should
not be extended: "Do you think JMeter core should handle the case --
no".
Now you suggest improving it.

>Note that the StringFromFile function has a feature which allows the
>use of multiple input files that can be used in sequence

I do not see how it is useful in current context.
When I said "5-10 input files" I meant "5-10 thread groups with each
having its own input file".

Vladimir