jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create Macro Feature was Post-Sampler Timers
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 21:00:27 GMT
>I'd suggest use the same folder and file name as for the CSV file, but add a fixed suffix,
e.g. ".state" or ".last" to the end of the file name.

Do users use read-only network file systems to share CSVs? (especially
for distributed tests).
That is why I suggested having different state folder.

We never use distributed testing, thus I am fine if someone more
experienced in the area would clarify if that is important or not.

>"Start form line" property is no longer effective once you have successfully used "remember
position".

That is why I suggest _not_ having separate "remember position"
checkbox, but "remember position" _value_ of "Start from line"
property.

>When to save? IMHO once at end of test run.

It would be nice to have decent behaviour even for abnormal cases:
stop test, and even kill -9 <jmeter>.

Vladimir