jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Component adding hotkeys
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:49:28 GMT
Hi,
I think it's a nice idea, we have same the same feedback.

For me it should be in core once linux issue is fixed, what about tested
platforms:
- Windows 8? 7 ?
- Linux
- Mac OSX ? which os ?

Regarding other questions, answers inline.

Regards
On Monday, April 27, 2015, Andrey Pokhilko <apc4@ya.ru
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','apc4@ya.ru');>> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have colleagues that do heavy JMeter scripting and they come with idea
> to speed-up the process: have hotkeys to add JMeter components to test
> plan. Using a hotkey eliminates the need to walk through context menus.
> As always, Pareto principle states that 80% of a time people use 20% of
> components, so small set of hotkeys would cover most of situations.
>
> I have implemented this feature as Ctrl+0 .. Ctrl+9 hotkey set, with
> components configurable through properties. Components are added as a
> child of current position, if possible, or a sibling at the nearest
> possible scope. I provided my colleagues with patched JMeter and they
> found the feature working smoothly.
>
> Pull request for easy review is here:
> https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/16 , I will create bugzilla for
> this when needed.
>
> As always I ask if other committers support adding this into main JMeter
> codebase or not.
>
> Some notes/questions from my side:
>
>   * Where is appropriate place in the docs to document this feature?

Somewhere where Search Feature and templates are documented

>   * Are defaults good? What are most used JMeter components?

I would remove or put them at end:
View Results Tree
User Defined Variables
Test Fragment

as although popular you rarely add more than 2 or 3.

I would add :
- Css/JQuery extractor
- Jsr223 Post processor
- Test Action for the timer discussion we had
- JSR223 Pre processir
-Debug Sampler

>   * Is there a way to specify component names in properties instead of
>     classes?

There are name shortcuts in saveservice.properties

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.