jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: APDEX Computing and reporting
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2015 22:41:32 GMT
On Sunday, February 1, 2015, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 February 2015 at 19:31, Philippe Mouawad
> <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > Hi ,
> > I uploaded a screenshot and new patch code showing what I meant.
> > I think including it in core should be considered seriously.
>
> If the code reads the CSV file at the end of a test to produce the
> HTML file, there is no need for it to be included in the JMeter code
> which is used to run tests.
> It should be a separate application.
>
> I don't share your opinion sebb.
Having a report ready at end of load test is nowadays a standard, look at
market tools wether open source or not.
I don't see the problem here, can you give more details ?

Having another application( by the way do you mean provided as a tool in
jmeter or third party) means in the first case you need to setup another
tool and in the latter case need to develop your own, or use or pay one.
This is the major drawback of JMeter I hear from customers and read around
the net.
I first though it would not be that easy but it appears we are able to
reuse existing code.

If you disagree, I think we should wait for other team members their
opinion and/or setup a vote for this.

> > @Felix thanks for review of initial patch.
> > Regards
> >
> > On Sunday, February 1, 2015, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> >
> >> On 31 January 2015 at 13:16, Philippe Mouawad
> >> <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com <javascript:;> <javascript:;>>

> >> computes

> existant
> >> read.