jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java version check in jmeter script files - is it worth the maintenance effort?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:43:28 GMT
Hello,

Please note, the mean reason to add the Java version check is to avoid
the Java 8 warning message:
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=64m;
support was removed in 8.0
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
MaxPermSize=128m; support was removed in 8.0

Below the code for checking in bin/jmeter:

# Java 8 remove Permanent generation, don't settings the PermSize
if [ $current_version -lt "8" ]; then
    # Increase MaxPermSize if you use a lot of Javascript in your Test
Plan :
    PERM="-XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m"
fi

We can remove the Java version check, but the users with Java 8 will
have the warning message.
Or remove the permanent size config?

Milamber