jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: APDEX Computing and reporting
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2015 11:30:14 GMT
> Hi,
> I intend to commit a BackendListener client implementation that computes
> APDEX at end of Load Test.
> It will take:
>
>     - Acceptable Response Time (http://www.apdex.fr/) T
The link was in french (my french is not very good (really non existant
:)), but luckily wikipedia had an article about apdex, which I could read.
>     - Compute F as 4xT but allow customization
>     - List of samples taken into account
>

> This listener will compute it during load test and generate an HTML file at
> end of test containing it.
>
> This listener could be later enhanced to :
>
>     - Generate equivalent of Aggregate Report
>     - Possibly graphs based on chartjs or some other graphing JS Library
I understand, that apdex is a simple mean to have one metric. As such I
wonder why we would want to graph it. If we want to display a graph of
apdex values for different tolerated times, than we would have to store
all values, which would make the listener quite heavy on the memory side.

> Thoughts ?
How will errors be counted? Sometimes I can cope with errors, as long as
they are reported fast and sometimes an error would result in a very
unhappy  consumer.

Regards
  Felix