jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpClient.getConnectionManager() performance with HTTP only
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 21:00:06 GMT
On Fri, 2015-01-23 at 20:42 +0100, Philippe Mouawad wrote:

> > > What is the object to use if it's not 1 HttpClient per user as we do
> > today
> > > ?
> > >
> > > PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager does not seem to be the one, as if
> > > it's shared among threads, how could we reset it only for 1 user ?
> > >

> > You should continue using one HttpClient instance per distinct user
> > either with a pooling or basic connection manager. The only thing you
> > might want to customize is changing SSL context initialization from
> > eager to lazy.
> >

> Does it means we are stuck with 1 HttpClient instance per distinct user ?

What do you mean by that? You do not have to use one HttpClient instance
per distinct user, but it makes things easier if you really need to
ensure that one user thread cannot re-use connections created by another
user thread.

> Regarding eager to lazy, let me be a bit lazy :-), but as you seem to know
> exactly what to do could you point me to the involved classes ?
> I must reckon I have a lot of work on JMeter so if you can help me speedup
> this It would be great.

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/httpclient/xref/org/apache/http/conn/socket/LayeredConnectionSocketFactory.html
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/httpclient/xref/org/apache/http/conn/ssl/SSLConnectionSocketFactory.html

Oleg