jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOAP Sampler Confusion
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 13:20:13 GMT
On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumacher@gmx.net
> wrote:

> Am 31.12.2014 um 13:33 schrieb sebb:
>
>> WSDL parsing would be nice to have, but is not essential.
>> It's only needed when creating a test plan, so it should definitely be
>> optional.
>>
>> How much integration would actually be needed with JMeter?
>> For example, if its existing CLI tools can produce a text file or
>> clipboard entry with the extracted info, that might be enough.
>> In which case only documentation would be needed.
>>
> Thats how my colleagues are doing it today. Generate the SOAP-Request with
> some other tool (SOAP UI, XML-Spy) and then copy them to JMeter.

If we remove SOAP/XML-RPC Request, I think it would be acceptable to add
this feature which is really critical today when you want to test SOAP WS.
Today you absolutely need SOAP-UI or XML-Spy, if JMeter could do this alone
it would be better. Feature would come as a Helper menu.

>> Apps that integrate every single possible feature into them become
>> bloated and hard to maintain and use.
>>
> Well I guess adding membrane soa-model for a nice to have feature adds too
> much bloat, as it also requires the groovy and groovy-xml jars (or
> groovy-all.jar).

Depending on groovy does not hurt me as it is the recommended way of
scripting in JMeter (We previously had some discussions on including it in
the default bundle although we didn't agree).
But if too much libraries are required then it may become an issue.