jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Converter#getCalendar(Object, Calendar)
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2014 20:34:32 GMT
On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Felix Schumacher <

> Hi all,
>
> I have two questions about getCalendar(Object, Calendar) in Converter.
>
> 1)
>  Documentation says the default value would be the current date, while the
> code shows it will be defaultValue (second parameter). I will correct the
> documentation. (Well not really a question then :)

OK

> 2)
>  The code is quite deep because of the exception handling. I think it
> would be nicer to use a for loop to iterate the possible formats. Should I
> do so? (Now that is a question)

Yes, but as you say in 3) code seems a bit weird

> 3)
>  While the first (really the second) conversion uses date.toString() to
> convert date to a String, the following conversions assume that date is a
> String (using (String) date casts). That would be handled by a correct
> implementation for 2), or could be handled separately. Should I do so? (If
> so, by using for loop for 2, or just a simple toString() call?)

Code seems buggy or at least not clear for me, looking at callers it seems
parameter can be date or string. So if it's not date, it is string and I
don't understand in this case the toString

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.