jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumac...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: SOAP Sampler Confusion
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 10:56:03 GMT
Hi Philippe,

> Soap sampler is indeed deprecated in favor of plain Http Sampler, see  menu
> Templates > Soap Webservice
>
> ImHO, SOAP/XML-RPC Request should follow the same way soon as it is just
> redundant with plain http sampler and less performant and up to date.
thanks for the quick reply. :=)
> But your contribution could be added to a jmeter menu (under function
> helper dialog for example), you would enter wsdl url or path and could
> generate requests from the method you select.
> If this feature would allow generating soap xml from wsdl then it would be
> very interesting.
That would be the point.

>From
http://www.membrane-soa.org/soa-model-doc/1.4/java-api/create-soap-request-template.htm
"The Membrane SOA Model can create SOAP request Templates out of a WSDL
document, filled with sample data in respect to their type definition."

> You can open a bugzilla and attach your patch.
> ask for help if needed.
>
> Check before that membrane can be included in Apache project and the jars
> are located on maven repositories.
 From http://www.membrane-soa.org/soa-model/

"License
The Membrane SOA Model software is provided under the terms of the
Apache License Version 2.0. The software contains external components
and libraries. See the notice regarding external components in the
distribution archives."

So the license should be o.k.. I did not see any non-Apache-license
dependencies, so that should be o.k. too.

Sadly the jars are not available via maven central or any other maven
repository that I'm aware of, so I guess this adding this to JMeter will
have to wait. I will contact the developers and suggest publishing to
maven central.

Regards,
Pascal