jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Converter#getCalendar(Object, Calendar)
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2014 15:33:03 GMT
Hi all,

I have two questions about getCalendar(Object, Calendar) in Converter.

1)
  Documentation says the default value would be the current date, while
the code shows it will be defaultValue (second parameter). I will
correct the documentation. (Well not really a question then :)

2)
  The code is quite deep because of the exception handling. I think it
would be nicer to use a for loop to iterate the possible formats. Should
I do so? (Now that is a question)

3)
  While the first (really the second) conversion uses date.toString() to
convert date to a String, the following conversions assume that date is
a String (using (String) date casts). That would be handled by a correct
implementation for 2), or could be handled separately. Should I do so?
(If so, by using for loop for 2, or just a simple toString() call?)

Regards
  Felix