jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: httpClient.getConnectionManager() performance with HTTP only
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 09:04:45 GMT
On Sun, 2014-12-28 at 22:09 +0100, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> Hi,
> Related to this topic, once we switch to 1 instance of HttpClient shared by
> all threads, how can we reset SSLContext ?
> We need this feature within jmeter to simulate SSL handshake per client ,
> we currently do :
> httpClient.getConnectionManager().shutdown();
> Which by the way is rather very inefficient way to do this.

What do you mean by resetting SSLContext, changing some SSL handshake
parameters?

One can force SSL renegotiation by evicting all idle connections from
the connection pool.

Please note that if JMeter needs to simulate several physical users
having a separate connection pool per distinct user may be the easiest
and the most representative strategy.

Cheers

Oleg