jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDateField
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 21:37:33 GMT
On 27 November 2014 at 19:37, Felix Schumacher
<felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> on my quest to fill in param and return tags -- anyone annoyed already? -- I
> found a comment at the beginning of org.apache.jmeter.gui.util.JDateField
> stating:
>
> "...
> And this control is Devloped basically for JDK1.3 and lower
>  * version support. This control is similer to JSpinner control this is
>  * available in JDK1.4 and above only.
> ..."
>
> The object is used in ThreadGroupGui only. Do we still need it, or could it
> be replaced by a JSpinner as indicated in the javadoc?

It's not exactly the same as a JSpinner, but that is reasonably close.

I think we can drop the class.

However, I don't think we should necessarily update ThreadGroupGui to
use JSpinner instead.
This is because it prevents the use of variables to specify the start
and end times.
It might be better to use a plain text field.
Or perhaps use a separate spinner to create the date/time and have a
button to copy it to the approriate field.