jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Backend Listener / 55932
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 20:15:41 GMT
Hi,
Just to inform you that I will be committing these days (probably on
saturday) the ALPHA implementation of this feature.

I will be adding as dependencies:

   - commons-math for Percentile computation. It has less memory impact
   than StatCalculator AFAIU and I only need a sliding Percentile.
   - commons-pool for SocketOutputStreamPoolFactory used by Graphite
   implementation

As a first Implementation of Backend there will be
GraphiteBackendListenerClient.

This will allow writing data in:

   - Graphite
   - InfluxDB which has Graphite listener
   - CollectD

Other implementation could also write to JDBC , JSON webservices, JMS,
Files ...

For now I am not satisfied with the Asynch Listener implementation as it
relies on ArrayBlockingQueue and my benchmark results show that for high
throughput tests, wait occurs on JMeterThreads.

I think commiting this feature will help the team understand what I am
talking about and improve it by having discussions on dev-list.

I think a better implementation would be to use something like LMax
Dispatcher as currently used by Log4j2 but had no time to implement it.

Another option might be to use Spring Reactor+Chronicle Queue (the in
memory one).

Regards
Philippe M.
@philmdot