jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add an icon form Templates in toolbar
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 10:33:10 GMT
On 7 September 2014 19:49, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 2:33 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6 September 2014 22:44, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello All,
>> >
>> > We could make a poll with 3 items:
>>
>> [This should have been a new thread, and all these should be separate
>> user threads]
>>
>> > 1) Ask  Early users to test and give feedback on Undo/Redo feature in
>> > nightly build
>>
>> +1
>>

> Let me just finish the Toolbar enabling/disabling
>

>> > 2) Make a poll on the "Template" icon ? I agree with you and I think sebb
>> > had raised this when initially icon was a wizard. My concern is that
>> > current icon may not be clear or "known" in other applications, so I
>> wonder
>> > if new user or even usual user have the idea of using it
>>
>> Perhaps see if we could use the Templates icon from OpenOffice?
>> This looks like a piece of paper with a star in the top left corner.
>>
>> Here's a screenshot:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~sebb/JMeter/Templates.png
>>

> Nice one
>

>> I don't think we necessarily need a poll on this, so long as we all
>> agree that the new icon is better.
>>
>> > 3) Make a poll (As sebb proposed in another thread) on the need to add a
>> > user property for bugzilla 54778, to allow users to revert to < 2.12
>> > behaviour. My opinion based on previous versions behaviour is that we
>> > should introduce this , asking community may be confusing
>>
>> If they are confused by the choice, won't they be confused by the
>> change in behaviour?
>>
>> It will depend on how the information is presented.
>>

> What about this:
>
> When using Cache Manager in JMeter. If a resource is found in cache then:
> - Up to version 2.11, no request hits the server and a 204 response code
> with empty content was returned as a SampleResult
> - Starting from 2.12, no request hits the server, but no more SampleResult
> will be created (this is inline with what browser do)
>
> This change will affect:
> - the number of Samples in results
> - the average, median response time reported
>
> We propose 2 options to handle this:
> (1) Add the possibility through a JMeter property to revert back to <= 2.11
> behaviour
> (2) No JMeter property to revert back to <= 2.11 behaviour
>
> Please vote depending on what would be better for you.
>
> Or maybe we could use a doodle ?

On reflection, I agree that providing a property to select the
behaviour is the obvious thing to do.
Adding the property does not need a vote.

However, I'm not sure we should change the default.
There have been no external bug reports, so presumably users are not
unhappy with the current behaviour.
Or perhaps hardly anyone uses the Cache Manager.

Also, I wonder whether the fix for the bug report is the only possible one.
It seems odd to drop the sample result entirely.

<milamber@apache.org>

Templates can have a dedicated

[1] to find a icon to this
>> action