jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BUG 54020 / GUI doesn't remember preferred language
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:46:23 GMT
On 9 September 2014 21:56, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9 September 2014 12:37, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Don't you think we should add a popup in Choose Language
>> >  with those information to persist language change.
>> > To preserve your settings after restart:
>> > 1/ set in jmeter.properties:
>> > language=en
>> > 2/ Add System properties:
>> > -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=EN
>>
>> I think that would quickly become annoying.
>>
> I don't think so, because a user will want to switch (if he wants) to his
> national language, he will get the popup, make the config and never switch
> again.
> If needed we could add a setting to remove popup.
>

>> Better (and simpler) to document this in the user guide.
>>
> This supposes people read the whole manual, I am sure it is there already.

Let's check that it is clear.

But by that argument, every single function should have pop-up dialogue boxes.

JMeter is quite a complicated tool.
People need to read the manual to get the best out of it.

> But take the new user, he has some much things to read.

Language change is a relatively infrequent requirement.

We just need to make sure the docs are clear on it.

If necessary, let's add a link to the info in the Getting Started section.