jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Analysis of apache-jmeter-2.11 dependency on JDK-Internal APIs
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:27:09 GMT
On 24 September 2014 09:14, Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland
<rory.odonnell@oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> As part of the preparations for JDK 9, Oracle’s engineers have been
> analyzing open source projects like yours to understand usage. One area of
> concern involves identifying compatibility problems, such as reliance on
> JDK-internal APIs.
>
> Our engineers have already prepared guidance on migrating some of the more
> common usage patterns of JDK-internal APIs to supported public interfaces.
> The list is on the OpenJDK wiki [0], along with instructions on how to run
> the jdeps analysis tool yourself .
>
> As part of the ongoing development of JDK 9, I would like to encourage
> migration from JDK-internal APIs towards the supported Java APIs. I have
> prepared a report for your project release apache-jmeter-2.11 based on the
> jdeps output.
>
> The report is attached to this e-mail.

We did not get the report - the mailing list drops attachments.

If you can upload the report somewhere public and post the URL, that
would be great.
Alternatively, please create a Bugzilla issue [1] and attach the report there.
Thanks.

[1] http://jmeter.apache.org/issues.html