jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add an icon form Templates in toolbar
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2014 12:33:48 GMT
On 6 September 2014 22:44, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We could make a poll with 3 items:

[This should have been a new thread, and all these should be separate
user threads]

> 1) Ask  Early users to test and give feedback on Undo/Redo feature in
> nightly build

+1

> 2) Make a poll on the "Template" icon ? I agree with you and I think sebb
> had raised this when initially icon was a wizard. My concern is that
> current icon may not be clear or "known" in other applications, so I wonder
> if new user or even usual user have the idea of using it

Perhaps see if we could use the Templates icon from OpenOffice?
This looks like a piece of paper with a star in the top left corner.

Here's a screenshot:

http://people.apache.org/~sebb/JMeter/Templates.png

I don't think we necessarily need a poll on this, so long as we all
agree that the new icon is better.

> 3) Make a poll (As sebb proposed in another thread) on the need to add a
> user property for bugzilla 54778, to allow users to revert to < 2.12
> behaviour. My opinion based on previous versions behaviour is that we
> should introduce this , asking community may be confusing

If they are confused by the choice, won't they be confused by the
change in behaviour?

It will depend on how the information is presented.

> Regards
> Philippe
>

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Milamber <milamberspace@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Le 31/08/2014 13:22, Philippe Mouawad a ecrit :
>> > Hello,
>> > I wonder if the current icon for Templates is the right one.
>> >
>> > The first icon which was a kind of wizard seems to me maybe a better
>> option
>> > even if it's not really a wizard.
>> > The current icon is kind of "unknown" in the mind of users I think which
>> > does not encourage its usage.
>> >
>> > Thoughts ?
>>
>> No problem for me for change icon, but the Wizard icon seems introduce
>> some confusion to the users (the template box is just 1 box, not several
>> steps to construct a test plan like a "wizard" in a software).
>> Perhaps ask on user mailing list (make a poll to choice the best icon?)
>>

>> > Regards
>> > Philippe

>> Template=>New
>> that I