jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add an icon form Templates in toolbar
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 19:03:07 GMT
On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Philippe Mouawad <
philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7 September 2014 19:49, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>

Maybe we should put a fully bundled version to ease test for users.
Otherwise they will need to setup a nightly build and it is always error
prone for people who do not read the manual :-)

Or maybe we should change build procedure to generate a full bundle instead
of lib + bin. I always wondered why nightly was distributed that way.

>> > Let me just finish the Toolbar enabling/disabling

>> sebb

>> > Nice one
>>
> Where can we find it ?

>> add a

>> > What about this:
>> >
>> > When using Cache Manager in JMeter. If a resource is found in cache
>> then:
>> > - Up to version 2.11, no request hits the server and a 204 response code
>> > with empty content was returned as a SampleResult
>> > - Starting from 2.12, no request hits the server, but no more
>> SampleResult
>> > will be created (this is inline with what browser do)
>> >
>> > This change will affect:
>> > - the number of Samples in results
>> > - the average, median response time reported
>> >
>> > We propose 2 options to handle this:
>> > (1) Add the possibility through a JMeter property to revert back to <=
>> 2.11
>> > behaviour
>> > (2) No JMeter property to revert back to <= 2.11 behaviour
>> >
>> > Please vote depending on what would be better for you.
>> >
>> > Or maybe we could use a doodle ?
>>
>> On reflection, I agree that providing a property to select the
>> behaviour is the obvious thing to do.
>> Adding the property does not need a vote.
>>
>> Ok
>
>> However, I'm not sure we should change the default.
>> There have been no external bug reports, so presumably users are not
>> unhappy with the current behaviour.
>> Or perhaps hardly anyone uses the Cache Manager.
>>

> No clearly there has been reports but not on mailing list.
> As far as I remember I opened this bug after a twitter discussion:
> https://twitter.com/Scooletz/status/317252989003915264
>
> And see this:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17694151/jmeter-response-code-204-and-cant-get-content
> https://flood.io/blog/18-understanding-the-jmeter-cache
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jmeter-dev/201303.mbox/%3CCAH9fUpYXZ8+jXZP48L37yXA_vXnToQ4ghMHibG6kOpFOFe-Zag@mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> So for me returning 204 is clearly a bug that must be fixed.

I added property.

>> Also, I wonder whether the fix for the bug report is the only possible
>> one.
>> It seems odd to drop the sample result entirely.
>>

> For me dropping sample is fine as in this case , a browser would lookup
> cache and not hit server and not return 204.
> 204 is a particular code that does not meet this case.

>> better
I think

>> introduce
>> several
>> icon?)

from scratch,
>> plan

user, they will

I can't
>> know
If in

:
Milamber <milamber@apache.org>

of Templates can have a
>> dedicated

Library [1] to find a icon to this

same but with two different

of "magician".

system is anything like a Wizard
>> in

to use a wand here.
from a list.

icon (CC-BY-SA) :
>> http://www.

great icons, but it's very
for the "templates"
>> bahavior.

>> http://openiconlibrary.
>> >> >> >>>>>>>>
>> sourceforge.net/gallery2/?./Icons/actions/archive-insert-3.png

>> .

very good ? +1 for me at
>> this

2 proposal of position