jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BUG 54020 / GUI doesn't remember preferred language
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 20:56:15 GMT
On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9 September 2014 12:37, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Don't you think we should add a popup in Choose Language
> >  with those information to persist language change.
> > To preserve your settings after restart:
> > 1/ set in jmeter.properties:
> > language=en
> > 2/ Add System properties:
> > -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=EN
>
> I think that would quickly become annoying.

I don't think so, because a user will want to switch (if he wants) to his
national language, he will get the popup, make the config and never switch
again.
If needed we could add a setting to remove popup.

> Better (and simpler) to document this in the user guide.

This supposes people read the whole manual, I am sure it is there already.
But take the new user, he has some much things to read.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.