jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enhancement to be able to ignore DEBUG Sampler in ResultCollector
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:05:45 GMT
On 25 March 2014 07:42, Shmuel Krakower <shmulikk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe we can go with simple approach of adding a boolean data member to the
> sampler base class of Hidden and all listeners add a piece of code to
> ignore those who are marked hidden?

The boolean would have to be added to the SampleEvent / SampleResult
class, as Listeners only operate on them.

It would be possible to check this flag before invoking the file output section.

However the sample would still be sent to all Listener GUIs, even ones
that operate on "real" data, such as the Summariser.
Yes, one could amend all of these as well to reject "debug" data, but
what about all the 3rd party code?

It has long been a fundamental design feature of JMeter that all
results go to all Listeners in scope, and all results are sent equally
to file and GUI.

I think changing this strategy is extremely risky, and will likely
cause more problems than the minor issue it is proposed to solve.