jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enhancement to be able to ignore DEBUG Sampler in ResultCollector
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:27:23 GMT
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25 March 2014 07:42, Shmuel Krakower <shmulikk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe we can go with simple approach of adding a boolean data member to
> the
> > sampler base class of Hidden and all listeners add a piece of code to
> > ignore those who are marked hidden?
>
> The boolean would have to be added to the SampleEvent / SampleResult
> class, as Listeners only operate on them.
>
> It would be possible to check this flag before invoking the file output
> section.
>
> However the sample would still be sent to all Listener GUIs, even ones
> that operate on "real" data, such as the Summariser.
> Yes, one could amend all of these as well to reject "debug" data, but
> what about all the 3rd party code?
>
> It has long been a fundamental design feature of JMeter that all
> results go to all Listeners in scope, and all results are sent equally
> to file and GUI.
>
> I think changing this strategy is extremely risky, and will likely
> cause more problems than the minor issue it is proposed to solve.

I think there is a misunderstanding.
I was just proposing to change DebugSampler#sample(Entry e) like this:

if(silent_mode) {
    return null;
}
// Otherwise current code still applies

Where silent_mode is a boolean configured from a new property:
# Flag to enable silent mode which leads to
# debug_samplers doing nothing
#debug_sampler_silent_mode=false

> > www.beatsoo.org - free application performance monitoring from world
> wide
> > locations.
> > On Mar 25, 2014 1:46 AM, "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> null.

> null ?
> >>
> >> Yes, but the debug sampler would then do nothing.

> >> Not sure.

> for

> shmulikk@gmail.com>

> >> see...