jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULTS] [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.11 based on 2.11 RC2
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2014 15:08:22 GMT
On 4 January 2014 13:26, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks very much to all who voted for this release.
>
> The votes were as follows:
>
> === +1 vote (with *: binding) ===
>
> NaveenKumar N.
> Sebastian Bazley (sebb)*
> Philippe Mouawad (pmouawad)*
> Rainer Jung (rjung)*
> Bruno Demion (milamber)*
>
> ===
>
> There were no other votes, so the vote passes.

Thanks!

> I will prepare the delivery of release for having an official announce
> tomorrow (afternoon) after the mirrors sync.

I think it should be left a bit longer than 24 hours before sending
the announce.
In theory a day should be enough (especially now the files reach the
ASF mirror hosts immediately), but it might be wise to wait a couple
of days so the slower mirrors have a chance. If there are some that
only manage one sync per day, they might miss the update.

Also, the Maven repo seems to take quite a while to synch. Nexus has
to push the files, and then they have to be picked up. Both can take a
while.

The website can be updated just before the announcement - svnpubsub
means it should be available very quickly (sometimes the EU mirror
takes a bit longer).