jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Testing JMeter against JDK 8 EA builds
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2014 15:12:51 GMT
On 26.01.2014 11:43, Milamber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've downloaded the Java 8 early access build for Linux 64bits.
>
> I've made some simple tests with JMeter (2.12-SNAPSHOT) and try to build
> JMeter with Java 8.
>
> I've found these issues:
>
> On JMeter startup, we have these warnings:
>
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=64m;
> support was removed in 8.0
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
> MaxPermSize=128m; support was removed in 8.0
>
> Meaning that Java 8 don't offer to define the permanent memory size?

Yes, Java 8 integrated perm into heap and native memory (Metaspace).
There's no separate perm gen any more.

See e.g.

http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/122

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-dev/2012-September/006679.html

http://java.dzone.com/articles/java-8-permgen-metaspace

No comments from me about the build errors. You didn't keep the OP on
CC, I don't know whether he is subscribed here and follows the list.

Regards,

Rainer