jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULTS] [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.11 based on 2.11 RC2
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2014 18:07:18 GMT

Le 04/01/2014 16:08, sebb a ecrit :
> On 4 January 2014 13:26, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thanks very much to all who voted for this release.
>>
>> The votes were as follows:
>>
>> === +1 vote (with *: binding) ===
>>
>> NaveenKumar N.
>> Sebastian Bazley (sebb)*
>> Philippe Mouawad (pmouawad)*
>> Rainer Jung (rjung)*
>> Bruno Demion (milamber)*
>>
>> ===
>>
>> There were no other votes, so the vote passes.
> Thanks!
>
>> I will prepare the delivery of release for having an official announce
>> tomorrow (afternoon) after the mirrors sync.
> I think it should be left a bit longer than 24 hours before sending
> the announce.
> In theory a day should be enough (especially now the files reach the
> ASF mirror hosts immediately), but it might be wise to wait a couple
> of days so the slower mirrors have a chance. If there are some that
> only manage one sync per day, they might miss the update.

Yes you are right. I've created a JMeter script to check the
availability of the new release on all mirrors. I've run this script
before sending the official announces. In my experience (the 3-4 latest
releases), after 24h, all mirrors are sync.

> Also, the Maven repo seems to take quite a while to synch. Nexus has
> to push the files, and then they have to be picked up. Both can take a
> while.
>
> The website can be updated just before the announcement - svnpubsub
> means it should be available very quickly (sometimes the EU mirror
> takes a bit longer).

I will check the update of website before send the announce. (I usually
do this when I release each new version)

Milamber

>> Milamber
>>

>> Le 31/12/2013 19:09, Milamber a ecrit :
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The 'second' release candidate for JMeter 2.11 (r1554548) has been
>>> prepared, and your votes are solicited.
>>> Note: RC1 has been aborted during release creation process.
>>>
>>> This release brings improvements to the HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder in
>>> the certificate management, some new features and fixes some bugs.
>>>
>>> If you can, some tests of this release candidate (load tests and/or
>>> functional tests) with Java 6/7 on Linux/Windows/Mac OS on changes are
>>> welcome.
>>>
>>> You can read the New and Noteworthy section with some screenshots to
>>> illustrate improvements and full list of changes at:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.11RC2/docs/changes.html
>>>
>>> JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional
>>> behavior and measure performance. The current version is targeted at Java
>>> 6+.
>>>
>>> Archives/hashes/sigs:
>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/v2.11_RC2/
>>>
>>> RAT report:
>>>

>>> http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.11RC2/dist/rat-report-jmeter-2.11RC2.txt
>>>
>>> MD5 hashes of archives for this vote:
>>>
>>> f3f853c8f79734580a199efd7a2f0a11 *apache-jmeter-2.11.tgz
>>> 14b6dfc04f912e45b482e4563fdf1c3a *apache-jmeter-2.11.zip
>>> 22f7df61a8e56e598f6ca7d49872146f *apache-jmeter-2.11_src.tgz