jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New DataSet implementation
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2013 11:40:33 GMT
Hello,
For information, as we didn't get consensus on commiting the piece of code
to JMeter core and I didn't want to throw away the time I spent
implementing it I have contributed it to third party jmeter-plugins
project, it should be in next version of the plugins.

https://github.com/undera/jmeter-plugins/pull/22

I still think it would have been nice as is in core, creating a common
gui/api for cloud based libs being a bit complex as config properties
really differ as long as purposes.

Regards
Philippe M.

'cvml', 'philippe.mouawad@gmail.com');>>
>> wrote:
>> > On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 1:05 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com<javascript:_e({},
'cvml', 'sebbaz@gmail.com');>>

>> philippe.mouawad@gmail.com <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
>> 'philippe.mouawad@gmail.com');>>

>> > It will impact number of embedded libraries.
>>
>> There are other possibilities for NoSQL as well, for example
>> http://appscale.cs.ucsb.edu/datastores.html - AppScale
>>
> Commercial no ?
>
>> http://thrift.apache.org/ - Apache Thrift
>>

> Didn't dig into it yet, but could you point me to a way to do it if you
> already did ?
>

>> See also
>>
>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/nosqldb/overview/nosql-api-497225.html
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9252034/is-there-an-emerging-standard-api-for-nosql-databases
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3439878/are-there-any-nosql-standards-emerging
>>
>> Given that there is no standard like JDBC available (and there may
>> never be), what I think needs to happen is to decide where in JMeter
>> such databases may be useful (probably not only CSV Dataset) and then
>> define a suitable API for this.
>> Users can then implement the API in terms of whatever database they
>> wish to use (which might include a JDBC implementation).
>> This is not something to be rushed into.
>>

> I don't totally agree with you, I prefer sometimes that we move forward
> with "non perfect" thing and improve it in next steps.
>
> Also I am a bit annoyed that time I spent on this development is kind of
> thrown away while it is really easy to use and have tested it rather
> thoroughly.
>

>> In any case, whatever is decided on belongs in a later version of JMeter.
>> We first need to get out the version with various fixes to keytool etc.
>>

> Dev is ready and could have been commited but would have agreed to wait.

> dependencies.

> >> philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
> >> released

> >> server.