jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graphite Listener
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 18:35:31 GMT
>>One of the weaknesses of JMeter is the lack of graphs and historization of
these Graphs, Graphite listener is an answer to it.

I fully agree there is a gap between measurements collection and
processing/reporting.
In our company there is a need of performance repository and we are
weighting the options.

I believe JMeter plugin-like interface between injector and performance
repository would enable live monitoring of sytem under test.
One can parse raw csv/xml results and upload for the analysis, however it
is likely to create big latency gap between collection and the
visualization.

In general, I would love to see performance repository integration in
JMeter itself or in JMeter-plugins.

To be fair, I did not yet look into the proposed listener.

It is not clear if commons-math (and other new dependencies) fits JMeter's
needs.
I do not think 1-5MiB download increase make any difference, however
performance defects or concurrency problems do.

It is not good at all if commons-math/pool/etc breaks under heavy threaded
load.

Are there benchmarks to see max achieved througput? (e.g. max number of
listened events using all the cores)
What latency does listener add? (e.g. max throughput in single thread)

Regards,
Vladimir Sitnikov