jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About HoldSampleSender
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 08:34:20 GMT
On 19 August 2013 08:51, Danny Lade <D.Lade@bigpoint.net> wrote:
> Before we have written our own SampleSender we tried this one.
>
> What makes it most worse is the fact that it stores the whole response body. Therefore
rather small tests runs into OutOfMemory if the bodies are big (JSON/HTML).
> Additionally it blocks the whole process because the sample store is (unnecessarily)
synchronized.

There is one class instance per Listener (in test plan or created by
using -l flag).
This is shared between threads, and testEnded uses a different thread,
so access to the store must be synchronised.
Both to ensure the the store is updated safely and to ensure safe publication.

> In my opinion the only useful way to use a HoldSampleSender is one based on statistical
data mining.

Good point; it could be useful to create a new version for that, as it
would avoid any network traffic during the run.
However one could just use independent non-GUI runs instead...