jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1511681 - in /jmeter/trunk: src/protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/sampler/HTTPAbstractImpl.java xdocs/usermanual/component_reference.xml
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 18:25:37 GMT

Le 09/08/2013 17:19, sebb a ecrit :
> On 9 August 2013 10:43, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>> Le 08/08/2013 20:43, sebb a ecrit :
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> -    private static final String DEVICE_PREFIX = "/dev/";
>>> +    private static final String DEVICE_PREFIX = "/";

>>> That should work - it works for me on Win/XP.
>>>
>>> Add some debug and see why it's not working.

>>> Where else apart should it be described?

>>> Not sure I understand.

>>> Two issues:
>>> - if the interface name is checked first, it will override the
>>> identical hostname, which could cause existing tests to fail (not all
>>> that likely, but possible)
>>> - if the name is not an interface, the check is unnecessary
>>>
>>> That's why I chose a prefix that cannot be present in a host name.
>>
>> Ok, in this case, perhaps, a (better?) solution is to provide a combo box to
>> allow the user to choice the source address field.
> I was trying to avoid increasing the complexity of the GUI.
>
> It's a fairly unusual use-case, so I took the view that the user would
> not mind putting up with a slightly unusual syntax.
>
>> With the combo box, the user could use the common / usual name for their
>> device (only eth0, wlan0, etc.), IP or hostname (short or fdqn)
>>
>> Here a screenshot of HTTP Request with some improvements for reduce the
>> width screen size (font changes for the Optional panel and HTTP options) +
>> the Src IP combo box.
>> http://www.milamberspace.net/img/http-request-src-addr.png
> The IPv4/6 addr entries are ambiguous.
> Do they apply only to devices?
> I would hope so, otherwise existing test plans will break.
> In which case, the entries need to be renamed.
>
> The field currently supports Hostname or IP address; it is important
> that compatibilty is maintained.
>
> So the first entry should be for the Hostname/IP addr.
> The entries need to be something like:
>
> Hostname/IP
> Device
> Device IPv4
> Device IPv6
>
>> I can commit the UI changes for reduce the minimal width of the HTTP
>> Request's pane,
> Although the GUI is roughly the same width, it is more complicated.

I can reduce the font size (12 to 11 or 10) to reduce more the width for
the http options.
Or reduce the text (like removing the 2 "Use" word):
[  ] Redirect Automatically [  ] Floww Redirects [  ] Use KeepAlive [  ]
Use multipart/form-data for POST [  ] Browser-compatible headers

>> and if your are agree the changes to add the combo box?
> I'm not convinced the change makes it easier for the user.
> There would be two fields to configure instead of one.
>
> The fields should be enclosed in a box so that it is clear they are related.
> For example, as is done for Web Server & Timeouts.
>
> Maybe the "Embedded URLs must match" field should also have a border.

Like this:
http://www.milamberspace.net/img/http-request-src-addr-v2.png