jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding the announcement mail
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 22:05:18 GMT
Agree, thanks sebb

Hello,

Here is it updated:

Hello,

The Apache JMeter team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache
JMeter 2.10 (rXXXXXX).

This release brings valuable improvements and fixes some bugs.

You can read the New and Noteworthy section with some screenshots to
illustrate improvements and full list of changes at:
http://jmeter.apache.org/changes.html

JMeter 2.10 requires Java 6 or later to run.

== All users are highly recommended to upgrade  ==

The Apache JMeter application is a 100% pure Java application designed
to test server applications.
It can be used to:
   * generate test loads
   * measure performance.
   * test functional behavior
It includes support for protocols such as HTTP(S), JDBC, JMS, MongoDB, FTP,
LDAP, native calls and others.
It can also be easily extended with user-written code.

See http://jmeter.apache.org/

Users are highly encouraged to read the JMeter Best Practices section:
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html

The release can be downloaded from:
http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/jmeter/KEYS

Only the binary archive is needed to run JMeter - there is no need to
download the source archive.

However there are some optional libraries which are not included.
See the "Getting Started" page for details:
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html

JMeter artifacts can be downloaded on Maven Central :
http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/jmeter/<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/jmeter/>

Enjoy!
The JMeter team

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 July 2013 22:26, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I suggest the following changes for announcement mail:
> >

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Hello,
> >
> > The Apache JMeter team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache
> > JMeter 2.10 (rXXXXXX).
> >
> > This release brings valuable improvements and fixes some bugs.
> >
> > You can read New and Noteworthy section with some screenshots to
> illustrate
>
> You can read the New ...
>
> > improvements and full list of changes at:
> > http://jmeter.apache.org/changes.html
> >
> > JMeter 2.10 requires Java 6 or later to run.
> >
> > == All users are highly recommended to upgrade  ==
> >
> > Apache JMeter is a Java application designed to test server applications.
>
> The Apache JMeter application is a 100% pure Java application designed
> to test server applications.
>
> [Should not use JMeter as an adjective, particularly in the main
> description]
>
> > It can be used to:
> >    * generate test loads
> >    * measure performance.
> >    * test functional behavior
> > It includes support for protocols such as HTTP(S), JDBC, JMS, MongoDB,
> FTP,
> > LDAP, native calls and others.
> > It can also be easily extended with user-written code.
> >
> > See http://jmeter.apache.org/
> >
> > Users are highly encouraged to read JMeter Best Practices section:
>
> Users are highly encouraged to read the JMeter Best Practices section:
>
> > http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html
> >
> > The release can be downloaded from:
> > http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi
> >
> > When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file.
>
> Could link to KEYS file here.
>
> > Only the binary archive is needed to run JMeter - there is no need to
> > download the source archive.
> >
> > However there are some optional libraries which are not included.
> > See the "Getting Started" page for details:
> > http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html
>
> OK
>
> > JMeter Maven release repo is accessible here:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/
> > jmeter/
>
> That is wrong, users should download from Maven Central. We could just
> include the Apache Maven coordinates.
> For example:

Ok, I took these from last 2.9 announcement. Good catch.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.