jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 06:23:15 GMT
In my experience Scripting elements are more than intended for prototyping .
In my 10 last recent scripting experience I have used them at least once. I
have met plenty of cases where you absolutely need them ( or you need to
setup an eclipse project with jmeter dependencies to finally generate a
jar, I am sure plenty of testers wouldn't do it).
I also feel it is one of JMeter best feature and gives it a real
flexibility.

With compilable they have nearly as good performance as if a jar had been
created with java classes.

For the argument about having more jars in classpath, the perf loss is
really very tiny and most of it at startup and on class load.
And I feel it goes against reusing in that case.

As for beanshell, ok but I think it will take some time before having the
level of features that groovy has.

Regards
Philippe

--